Spanish students: how would you like to...?
- Impress Colombians by expertly using local sayings and slang;
- Learn the Spanish you need to make friends, date, charm and joke around;
- Effortlessly understand conversations between groups of Colombian friends; and
- Remove the clumsy-sounding phrases that give you away as a language learner?
It's hard to get there with 'textbook Spanish' alone
The problem with learning Spanish from textbooks, apps and even formal classes is that they don’t cover the content you'll most need in your social life.
I only discovered this once I moved to Colombia:
- Many of the words and phrases I’d previously been taught were never used by locals.
- Locals quickly got bored talking to me because I spoke slowly and couldn't understand even basic slang.
- I missed out on making new friends and great experiences as a result.
Yet, after years spent living, studying and working in the company of Colombians, I gradually developed a huge array of expressions, phrases and slang terms that were never taught in class, but which native speakers use all the time.
These proved themselves indispensable on many occasions; whether that was hanging out with friends, making small talk or even dealing with more intimate settings.
I learnt that speaking natural-sounding Spanish really is the key to getting the most out of life in Colombia.
Introducing the Colombian Spanish eBook
Dating and Romance The Colombian dating culture can be confusing enough for foreigners. This will at least make the linguistic part less mystifying.Read excerpt →
Fillers and Connectors Smoothly connect together different ideas and sentences, and you'll speak infinitely more naturally.Read excerpt →
Mastering Small Talk Do away with awkward silences and kickstart any Colombian conversation with the variety of openers in this section.Read excerpt →
Describing People Armed with dozens of ways to talk about different personalities, you'll be a happy participant in any Colombian social circle.Read excerpt →
Pure Colombian Phrases Sound like you've been living here for years by unleashing these most Colombian of expressions and proverbs.Read excerpt →
Reviews of Colombian Spanish
This excellent book taught me exactly what I had been looking to learn, but hadn’t been able to find anywhere else. A great purchase.
I’ve just purchased your book and I’m loving it! A whole lot of things I’d heard but didn’t realise what they meant. Thanks for clearing it up for me!
A highly detailed and accurate look at Colombian Spanish...highly recommended for any travelers who want to seamlessly blend in with the locals.
Witty and interesting, without being dense like a textbook, [Colombian Spanish] is a great tool...that will have you sounding less like a dubbed movie and more like a Colombian.
Love the eBook...or get your money back!
I’m so confident you’ll find Colombian Spanish a great tool to take your Spanish to the next level that, if you’re not satisfied, I’ll refund you the full purchase price.
Just send me an email within 30 days of your purchase to get your money back. What have you got to lose?
Read it on all your devices
It's easy to read Colombian Spanish, no matter what device you use. All of these three formats are included in the download.
- A .mobi file, for Amazon Kindle eBook readers and apps.
- An .epub file, for iBooks on your iPhone or iPad, Google Play Books on your Android phone or tablet, and many other eBook readers.
- A .pdf file, for Adobe Acrobat reader on your phone or computer.